IMC International Minerals and Chemical Corporation
Set #2 growth 51305 and global 112357
SOLD OUT at the FACTORY!!!
During the first decade of the twentieth century, Thomas C. Meadows, a Tennessee phosphate-mining entrepreneur, founded the International Agricultural Corp. International Agricultural, which had mines and plants in New Mexico and Tennessee, became a leading producer of phosphate rock and fertilizer. In 1941, the company changed its name to International Mineral & Chemical and moved its headquarters from Atlanta to Chicago. By the beginning of the 1960s, when its main offices were in Skokie, the company grossed about $130 million in annual sales and employed over 5,000 people around the country but only a few in the Chicago area. By the end of the 1990s, the company was called IMC Global ; it had over $2 billion in annual revenues and employed about 250 people at its corporate headquarters in suburban Northbrook. In the early 2000s, the company's headquarters moved to nearby Lake Forest.
These Rail Cars would be seen all over the USA and Canada! The light green model represents the older cars used by the Company, and the darker maroon model represents the new cars in use by IMC. The models are equipped with the NEW Bowser Roller Bearing Trucks with knuckle couplers!