40' standard box car
Road Number MP 46960
FACTORY SOLD OUT !!!
The picture shows both road numbers which have to be ordered separate.
These 40' standard box cars with single doors are painted blue and yellow with white band. The logos are red and lettering is in black and white. They were built in 1925 by General American, serviced in October 1951, and run on Bettendorf trucks. Seven hundred boxcars were taken at random from three sets of car series, among which is the series 46000-46999. In 1951 and 1952 they were rebuilt by Missouri Pacific Railroad shops at De Soto, TX, and converted into Eagle Merchandise Service.