Chicago & North Western®
Road Number 10801
This center cupola caboose is painted stagecoach yellow with dark grren roof and green lettering. It was built in 1944, serviced in 1972, and runs on Bettendorf trucks. 10801 was one of the few cupola cabooses CNW owned and was likely acquired from another railroad. The slogan ‘employee owned’ on the CNW logo was applied on equipment for a relatively short time, from 1972 through 1982. The ‘T’ under the road number indicates that the caboose is equipped with a toilet.